Tips for protecting your identity during the
This year’s busy
holiday shopping season entails a lot of credit and
debit card swipes, vacations and generally frantic
activity. It’s a perfect time for identity thieves to
So, we've put together the following tips for keeping
your identity secure – during the holidays and all
- At school, visit the IT department to ensure
that your campus Internet is secure.
- When filling out forms that require your
personal information try to submit the sensitive
information handwritten through priority mail,
instead of online.
- Keep birth certificates, Social Security
cards, and other personal documents in a lockbox
in your home.
- When disposing of documents, use a diagonal
- Take outgoing bills or forms directly to the
- Refrain from putting your driver’s license
number on your personal checks.
- Consider writing just your first initial and
last name on checks.
- Always shred credit card receipts at home.
- Install anti-virus software, anti-malware
software and a firewall on your computer and keep
the programs up to date.
- Use unique passwords that are different for
- Refrain from including your birth-date or
other sensitive information on your social media
accounts, even just the month and day.
- Consider a credit monitoring and identity
theft protection product.
- It's important to change your passwords often.
Stay safe this holiday season, so you can enjoy peace
of mind all year.
We appreciate you and your business with us!!
Check out our
Residential Loan Programs
or give us a call today to discuss how we can help you save money. Rates are
still very attractive.
expensive checks! Give us a call
or stop in and ask us how you can get a
Visa Debit Card on your
consumer account or a
Business Debit Card for your business.
Our Visa Debit Card is offered to you at
Check out our Internet Banking & Bill Pay Services.
If you have any questions or concerns about
internet banking service, please call us at 620-564-3700,
620-792-5111, or for after-hours support
Please note that Community Bank of the Midwest will not ask you
to verify your account information by email. If you receive an email
requesting your account information notify us immediately and do not
· Review additional security tips
· For information on what to do if you are a victim of Identity Theft
· To request your 3 copies of your free credit reports
· Sign Up for
Go Direct Deposit
· For more information on the Presidential Gold Dollars visit the
U.S. Mint Website.
· E-statment customers: Access your
e-statements from our secure site.